The SDS program gives a streamlined procedure for study permit applicants by allowing them to apply for a study permit with less documentation and substantially speedier processing times for Canadian study permits! It’s now simpler than ever for Indians to study in Canada!
The SDS program presently serves citizens of four nations: India, China, Philippines, and Vietnam.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for SDS, students have to meet the following requirements:
- Should have a copy of letter of acceptance from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution
- Undergo a medical exam before submitting an application.
- Demonstrate that they have acquired a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000.
- Prove that tuition fees for first year of study are paid.
- Provide proof of language test results representing IELTS score of 6 in each English module or CLB 7 for French.
- IRCC says through the SDS program, applicants’ completing their applications will be reviewed as soon as they receive.
- The processing time for Canada student visa applications under Student Direct Stream (SDS Scheme) is 45 days
- Less financial documentation.
If you do not meet SDS requirements and are not eligible under SDS. You can still apply for Visa under regular program.