About the PGP
- Canada’s Family Class sponsorship program includes a stream for parent(s) and grandparent(s) of Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- Parent(s) and grandparent(s) approved under this program will receive Canadian permanent residence and may eventually be able to apply for Canadian citizenship.
- IRCC has a 2019 quota of up to 20,000 complete applications through the PGP. Invitations to apply to the program will be issued on a first-in, first-served basis to interested sponsors who meet its requirements.
Interest to Sponsor: How it works
Anyone hoping to sponsor their parents and/or grandparents through this program will have to first complete an online Interest to Sponsor form.
Potential sponsors should know that submitting the Interest to Sponsor form is not an application, but is the first step for those who want to participate in the program.
Requirements for Sponsor
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- be 18 years of age or older
- exceed the minimum necessary income level for this program
- sign an undertaking to repay any provincial social assistance benefits paid to the sponsor and accompanying family member(s), if any, for a period of 20 years, if necessary; and
- If the sponsor resides in Quebec, an additional “undertaking” must be signed.
- IRCC will also require potential sponsors to upload a copy of a status in Canada document when submitting their interest to sponsor form.
All individuals who submit an online form will be notified whether they have been invited or not. Those invited to apply will have 60 days to submit a completed application, including all supporting documents.
To guarantee you get exact information for your particular circumstance please arrange a meeting with our visa specialist. Visit us at OSI Visa & Immigration Consultants to apply under PGP program and fly to Canada within months!!