- Quebec has released more information with respect to Expression of Interest System that will change its first-come, first served application process for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program and the Mon Project Quebec application entry.
- According to the new changes that will become effective on August 2nd 2018, a candidate for the Quebec Skilled Worker Program (QSWP) should first create an Expression of Interest profile to Quebec’s Immigration Ministry (MIDI).
How Does Quebec Expression of Interest Work?
1. Creating a Profile:
- The initial step is the applicant submitting a profile online to the Expression of Interest Bank of QSWP.
- Anybody over the age of 18 years can present a profile.
- The profiles will be evaluated and awarded scores based on various variables including work experience, education, language proficiency and financial ability. Keeping in mind the end goal to meet all requirements for the subsequent stage, the applicant should score minimum 2 points in education and 1 point in financial self-sufficiency.
- The factors that will be considered in this step are education and training, work experience, age, language proficiency, time spent in Quebec and family in Quebec.
- Extra focuses will be granted if the applicant has a valid job offer, however it isn’t important to be qualified for the QSWP.
- The minimum cut-off score required in this progression is 43 points. The cut-off score required for applicants with spouse is 52. For these applicants, education, work experience and language proficiency of the spouse will likewise be considered.
- In the third step, the points acquired by the applicant under the six Employability factors will be considered alongside children and financial self-sufficiency factors.
- In this step, in which scores will be decided based on group of factors called Selection, the applicant must have a base cut-off score 50 points. For applicants with a spouse or common-law partner, the base required score is 59 points.
- Education and training, work experience and language proficiency of the spouse will likewise be considered in this step.
4. Invitation to Apply:
- The applicants who are invited can apply for a Quebec Selection (Certificate de sélection du Québec, or CSQ) within 90 days.
- For CSQ applications, the Quebec government is making plan to cut down the processing times from QSWP contender in a year from 32-month processing time.
- Once an applicant gets a CSQ, he or she can apply for permanent Residence with the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
- It isn’t important that applicants with the most noteworthy score will be invited to apply for a Quebec Selection (Certificate de sélection du Québec, or CSQ). The applicant’s ability to successfully stay or settle in Quebec will likewise be considered while picking him or her to issue an Invitation to Apply.
Quebec Expression of Interest System Selection Factors
|Criteria||Maximum points available|
|Areas of training||
(16 for French, 6 for English)
|Time spent and family in Quebec||