Ontario is the most populated province in Canada. Canada’s capital city, Ottawa is situated in Ontario as well as Toronto, the nation’s biggest city and essential business and financial center. Ontario is the economic, communal, and political core of Canada. So far it’s the most popular destination in Canada for new immigrants from around the globe.
The province consists of populaces from 200 different nations that talk more than 125 languages. The least demanding approach to move to Ontario is with a provincial nomination under the Canada Express Entry system.
How it Works?
The OINP is run by the province of Ontario in association with the central government through IRCC. Every year, Ontario is permitted to endorse a specific number of new immigrants through the ONIP. If you meet the prerequisites for one of the pathways of the program and are selected, Ontario legitimately nominates you to become a permanent resident. Similarly as with all PNPs, you will then be evaluated by the federal government to make sure you are admissible to Canada before acquiring your permanent resident status!
There are currently three categories of the OINP: Human Capital, Employer Job Offer, and Business.
Human Capital Category:
This stream empowers the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) to select people that are eligible for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) Express Entry pool and who have the prerequisite education, skilled work experience, language skill, and other characteristics to help them effectively set up and incorporate into Ontario’s labor market and communities.
- Human Capital Priorities Stream: Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities Stream is intended for skilled workers who want to immigrate permanently in Ontario.
- French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream: Ontario’s Express Entry French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream is for French-speaking skilled workers who want to live permanently in Ontario and have strong English language capabilities also. Candidates under this stream need to meet language requirements in both French and English. Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7 in French and CLB 6 in English.
- Skilled Trades Stream: Foreign workers with skilled trades who have 1 year work experience in the past 2 years and any essential trade certification in Ontario could be qualified under this stream.
- Masters Graduate Stream: International Students with a Master’s degree achieved in Ontario, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) offers a prospect to live permanently in Ontario. A job offer is not required for this stream.
- PHD Graduate Stream: International students with a PhD degree achieved in Ontario, the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) offers a prospect to live permanently in Ontario. A job offer is not required for this stream.
Employer Job offer Category:
- Foreign Worker Stream: Applicant can only apply if they have a full time job offer for a skilled position (NOC 0, A, or B) of an indeterminate duration accompanied by a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
- International Student Stream: Applicant can only if they have a job offer for a skilled position (NOC 0, A, or B) of an indeterminate duration and have graduated from an eligible post-secondary program in Canada within the last two years.
- In-Demand Skills Stream: Applicant can only apply if they have a job offer in one of the OINP In-Demand Occupations (Skill Level C or D) which is held by a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA).
- Corporate Stream: This stream is intended to draw individuals who are looking to implement a new business enterprise or purchase a current business in Ontario. Successful applicants will gain a temporary work permit to set up the business in Ontario. Once the business has been effectively settled and meets the commitments of a Performance Agreement, a maximum of five key staff that is fundamental to the foundation, and success of the business can become qualified for nomination for permanent resident status.
- Entrepreneur Stream: This stream helps people from countries outside of Canada to execute a new business idea or purchase a current business in Ontario. Once their business has been successfully settled in Ontario it offers business executive the opportunity to be selected for permanent resident status.
For more information regarding OINP and all other pathways to Canadian permanent residence, simply visit us at OSI Visa and Immigration Consultants!!