New Zealand has been one of the world’s best educational destinations. One can certainly experience the superior quality of learning experience and explore the work opportunities. The country welcomes international students with great gusto and gets appreciated by society.
- Comparatively less expensive
- Immigration and job opportunities
- English spoken country
- Green and a safe environment to study
- The superior quality of education
- Extracurricular activities and outdoor education
New Zealand offers you advanced career choices and balanced life with the utmost beauty of nature. For an international student, it is a great chance of studying in New Zealand as it is a developed nation.
The basic requirement for studying in New Zealand
Note that the requirement varies from program to program.
- Minimum qualification of 60% not below that is required.
- The student should be 18 years of age or more
- Mark sheet copies of 10th, 12th, and bachelors
- For anyone having professional working experience must attach a letter of recommendations
- SOP – Statement of Purpose
- Portfolio – if the student is going for arts, architecture or literature
Intake in New Zealand
New Zealand has two intakes which are January and July. But there are few universities offering intake in September and November.
The requirement for Student Visa
If you are a student who wishes to attend college or university in New Zealand then you need to get a student visa. Here’s a list of documents needed.
- Valid passport
- New Zealand student visa application form (INZ 1012)
- Application fee and payment receipt
- An offer letter from the university or college
- Health insurance receipt
- Passport-sized photographs
- English proficiency exam score
Remember, additional documents may be required. In addition to that, they might conduct a personal interview and the interviewer might demand some documents.
Post Graduation Work Permit
- Work part-time 20 hours per week while studying if your program is of at least two years. Also, it will lead to the New Zealand Qualification that is beneficial and add points for Skilled Immigrant Visa.
Being an international student, you must complete your studies within the time span. Also, if you do not have a job offer yet, then you can always opt for the post-study work visa which is valid for up to 12 months.