Skilled Worker Stream
Needs job offer? Yes
Application Fee: None
Processing Time: At least 3 months
- You must be between 21 and 55 years old;
- You must have a full-time permanent job offer from a Nova Scotia employer;
- You must have at least a high school education;
- You must have the education, training, licensing or certification required to carry out your job duties;
- You must have at least 12 months of relevant work experience in the last five years;
- You must meet language requirements:
- NOC 0, A or B – CLB 5 in English or French;
- NOC C or D – CLB 4 in English or French;
- You must intend to settle in Nova Scotia;
- You must have enough money to settle permanently in Nova Scotia;
- Employer must also meet additional requirements.
How it works:
Make sure you are eligible then prepare your application by visiting this webpage. Gather and upload your required documents and submit your application.
If you are successful, you will receive your nomination certificate on your email, or on your representative’s email. Your nomination will also be directly sent to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The next step is to apply for permanent residence directly with IRCC within six months.
You can also request a Letter of Support from the NSOI for a temporary work permit. This would allow you to stay in Nova Scotia while you wait for IRCC to process your permanent residence application.